Where Have All the Lesbians Gone is this excellent documentary is still on More 4 from its broadcast date and time (Thu 28 Apr, 10.30 pm). It is an in-your-face documentary, exploring what a lesbian is, is the term ‘lesbian’ is right for today and is it an old dated term that carries connotations from the past. As a documentary, it shows a wide range of wonderful women who are not frightened talking about themselves, their love and sex life, and the expectations of society – inclusive of which is how the media treats lesbians in movies, and soap operas, books etc.
The documentary explores the opportunities of lesbians to have children, indeed have and live a wonderfully fulfilling life. Where Have All The Lesbians Gone premiered in the middle of ‘Lesbian Visibility Week’, and it brought to the screen with sometimes hilarious anecdotes about the real lives of lesbians. It didn’t shy from using swear words when appropriate to a story; it wasn’t done with gratification, it was done in normal speech.
- Channel 4 – Where Have All The Lesbians Gone
- Where have all the Lesbians gone? (2000) from Vancouver dykes
- Where Have All the Lesbians Gone? Part 1 (The Eight Square’s Corner) – a dramatic reading of an article by Katie Herzog
- The same-sex marriage referendum has transformed Ireland before it’s even begun
- Book Review: Serious Pleasure
- Homotopia presents… 1967: Where are all the Lesbians?