End of Year Operations on Your Computer
We all plan to clean our house(?) and make ourselves ready for the New Year; however the same is true for our computers. There are things we should do, or at the very least investigate whether we need to do, and these are:
- Ensure your applications are up to date
- Back up our data
- Ensure our Windows or Apple operating system is up to date
- Clean temporary files/cache folders
- Update anti-malware programs and run a full-system scan
- Uninstall unused applications – but be certain that you don’t need them. If in doubt ask someone who knows.
- If you have been putting your PC to sleep rather than shutting down and then restarting, then shut it down and restart.
- Ensure all hardware, where necessary has been upgraded.
Remember a computer only runs well when it has been looked after.
IF IN DOUBT ASK SOMEONE WHO KNOWS FOR ADVICE.