Planning now for Christmas! Believe it or not, Christmas is now a month plus past! We are all looking towards our bank balances and credit card statements and reflecting that we need to do something different this year. Start planning early!
With this in mind, I am going to suggest a few planning strategies that you can put in place now to make Christmas 2018 easier.
- Start researching for discount codes etc. Cut them out of magazines, newspapers etc make certain you use them before they are out of date. Remember those deals at Argos, or with those Tesco vouchers, or indeed Sainsbury Nectar points. Planning ahead saves money and time.
- Depending on your child’s/children’s ages, simple things like old traditions ‘putting a carrot out for the reindeer’, ‘leaving a mince pie and milk out for Santa’, ‘tracking Santa’s journey (www.norasanta.org)’ can all help with keeping the kids focus away from presents. Planning is key.
- Start budgeting and planning now. Write out a list of what you spent money on last Christmas (with costs) and then total it up. When you look at the total were you able to afford it? Budget now, set your amount and budget within that amount.
- If you have to send presents, think about shipping early online and have them deliver.
- Make your Christmas card list early and post early using the 2nd class post. Postage is expensive, it makes sense to post early.
- Don’t rack up credit card bills. They are expensive. Buy early in the year, keep your eye open for bargains, and don’t forget what you have bought. Make a list of who you have to buy for and note against each person when you buy something.
Some links for printable lists: